What if 2020 was a person ?

Before shutting my eyes off on the last day of 2020, I was summarizing my and 2020 as a whole. Since a lot has happened in our lives in this 2020 hence,I thought what would I say to 2020 if 2020 was a person? What would my conversation be like, with her (I want to refer to the year as her just like we refer "earth" as mother ).

Knock!! Knock!! Knock!!

I knew who it was as I invited 2020 for the farewell dinner at my place. Despite being very busy, it was a kind gesture of 2020 to accept my invitation and come to my place. Lets thank our Premier Mark Mcgowan for working so hard and preparing well since a long time so that I can invite people and 2020 for dinner. 

I opened the door, there was 2020,I was very excited to see her as I had a lot to ask her as how her last day was ? she must have been very busy. But alas! I was surprised to see her in a very sad face and no excitement at all. 

We sat down on the couch.

Me: Do you want any tea, coffee or drink ?

2020: A glass of water please. It was a very rough and long day. I want to quench my thirst first.

Me: Sure !!!

I had got everything ready such as juices, mocktail, cocktail and what not !! so that i could offer her whatever she wants but she only wanted water, now i was very curious about this. Now i wanted to know what does she mean by rough and long day ?? 

Me : So, how does it feel like, it's your last here on earth, tomorrow  you are off somewhere else on another planet in this universe??

2020 : When I first came here on Earth, I wanted to make every one's life happy and beautiful so that people would always remember me as the most beautiful year of their life. But things went out of my control ,the situation started getting so bad that I ended up being the worst. 

(I could see tears trying to escape off from her eyes)

Me : Don't worry it was not that bad. 

2020: I know any year cannot be good for everyone but I was blamed for all the worst things that started in earlier years and are going to continue in the coming year as well. It was not me (sobbing)  who created this virus and transmitted to everyone. It was people in this earth whose deeds created it in the earlier year and their carelessness and negligence led the virus to have a world tour. Why on earth would people curse me and make memes like they don't want to remember me at all, not miss me , the worst year of their lives ? why ? 

She was sobbing, and I offered her tissue . Else, i could not say anything as even me i was thinking the same a while ago. Her few sentences changed my view towards 2020. I could see a question in her eyes expecting to hear my views but scared enough to ask if she would get the same kind of response. 

Just to ease the situation I changed the topic and asked her to help herself for entree food that I prepared. 

2020: Last year I was on a different planet and I was so busy visiting people's houses, I didn't have time to eat a full course of meal at any place  as almost everyone invited me. So, I had to eat a very small portion at one place so that i could make everyone happy. (burst of laughter )

2020: I had many plans for Earth as well. But could not put it in action. 

There was a silence again. I didn't want 2020 to be sad but at the same time i wanted to hear her views and experiences here. 

Me: Alright let's sit down for a while and we can have our dinner then. 

2020: Ummm thank you very much for inviting me today and preparing delicious foods, but i am sorry to say i cannot have dinner here, as i have one more place to go. I will eat dinner there so that they will be happy as well. 

Me: Yeah sure i totally understand. I couldn't thank you enough for accepting my invitation and making time to come and visit me. I have a gift for you. Please accept this. 

2020: Ohh that's kind of you to invite me despite the turbulence that was created in your lives in my year. I am very grateful for the invitation and the gift. 

Me: In return, do you have any questions for me ?

2020: I know what your responses will be , but with a heavy heart I must ask you , how was your 2020 ?

Me: (wearing a smile on my face): Do you want me to answer only my view on 2020 or my views on behalf of everyone in 2020?

2020: Seems like you have got a lot to say . I don't mind listening to both. 

Me: I will start with the broad view first. 2020 year did not end up being the best year for many people for many reasons. Despite many reasons, lives of people changed upside down, economic crisis came in many countries, people were left starved as there was no source of income. At one point almost the whole earth was put in isolation. Developed countries supported their citizens and quick and prompt actions were taken so that the effect was not worse compared to the developing countries where no one was held accountable for the poor people. I think it's the frustration of people that they ended up making memes and trolls of you. 

(I could clearly see 2020 was sad and my intention was not to make her sad.)

Me: But at the same time, people learnt a great lesson, nature is at its best if left alone. After a long time people could enjoy the pollution free air and enjoy the company of family members that they never thought would make time to do so. I think people never posted what "good things "happened in their lives and they didn't reach out to you to explain how blessed they were to have you to spend the time with their near ones which will be cherished for their whole life. 

(Now I could see 2020 grining.)

2020: Okay this was the view that you were conveying on behalf of others . What are your words ?

Me: Personally I am grateful, it didn't affect my near and dear ones badly in any terms. Definitely, there were ups and downs but i think every year has so, leaving behind the downs and taking the lessons forward would be the best for the forthcoming year. I am doing so, as well. Personally and professionally I had seen growth in me and felt as well. I was surrounded by many helping hands, to whom I am not sure if I thanked them enough as they deserved, however I am truly blessed to have each of them beside me holding my hands in each step, ahead of me guiding the steps and behind me encouraging me to move forward. And this was all possible because of you 2020. 

(When i prepared the gift for 2020, i wrote a note on top of it , "to open when you go to another planet". But i wanted her to open it now. )

Me:  If you don't mind, do you want to have a look at the gift ?

2020: Ohh sure!! why not ?

She started unwrapping the layers . I was excited to see the reaction and at the same time i heard my husband calling me and asking me to wake up !!! 

Damnnnn this was a dream. I must have fallen asleep thinking about talking to 2020 and she came in my dream. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

first post

A little talk with myself.

A Mere Notification