journey: english

  One day, about one or twice month ago I saw a sentence written by anonymous in twitter. It went this way :
“Funny how many still believe Good English = Using big words. Our education system teaches 'make sentences with' and not 'explain simply'”
I was like wow.. what is this ? I also think the same. And I also escaped blaming the education system like the above statement writer did.
Until that day I always emphasized on the big words and complex sentences. I tried leasrning  synonyms of common words and practicing in a day to day basis. Whenever I listened to people in Television and read the articles in social media, I envied their English. I still agree, to some extent, I was right. But the path I chose to go was absolutely wrong. Directly leaping without prior preparation might give one big leap but, small compared to others who come after making their base strong. Yes, I read in a English medium school right from the beginning  plus we had compulsion to speak in English as well. The problem began when there was no one to correct and  self interest in making it better did not arise. We spoke in English but it was enough to understand between our friends which did not need the perfect sentences . and when I grew up to college. We were free , no any pressure for English language and was too focused on course books or did not find the medium to advance the level of mine english.

At bachelors when there were talks about the movies and books. I started to see them and found my height in terms of this international language.i was scared but balanced myself and started to see the movies without subtitles and read books to learn structure for complex sentences. I remembered the word for some moments and due to lack of practice I used to forget those words and returned back to my normal English with lots of grammatical flaws and very limited vocabulary. While going in the search for complex English structures, I forgot same notions can be given with simple words and sentences. Now I am focusing in making my sentences with least number of errors. And while saying that , I would say I wont stop ascending higher, step wise step.
May I get high morale on the way ….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first post

A little talk with myself.

A Mere Notification