Those 15 minutes...

 Reflection, in itself has numerous meaning , among many i have listed some of them.

According to a Cambridge English Dictionary, reflection is “an image of something on a mirror or any reflective surfaces.”

“The definition of a reflection is a thought or writing about something, particular in the past, or what one sees when looking into a mirror or body of water.- Your Dictionary.

And so on.

Likewise, for me reflection is a image that you see on mirror, reflective surfaces or within you.

Reflecting on the past acts or deeds gives you the space of analyzing the actions, reasons for it. i personally have a habit of reflection. I normally look back to what i have done. Sometimes i pen down the feelings and sometimes it just fades away with the train of thoughts.

Although it is not considered good to bring work tensions out of work. After i finish my work i try to remember what did since the start of the shift and i find many areas that should have been different if only i had used another approach. And again, next day i try not to repeat the same mistake again. i succeed on some and promise my self not to re-repeat the same mistakes again.

There is an incident that happened last week which taught me an important lesson. After work, i took bus to come home. As soon as i reached home, i started to look for the keys which i didnot find in any pocket of my bag. i clearly remembered that i had the keys in my hand after i locked the door but could not track down, where did it end after that ?

i started getting restless as it was raining outside and i couldnot enter my house and get warm , lying on my bed , having a warm bowl of soup. The other moment i would think myself as incompetent and forgetful person who cannot even take control of bunch of keys. However, at the same time other part within me would shake me and make “believe me” to believe me . i took a long, deep breath, sat down near the pots (these pots are my husband’s child , he take care of them fondly and lovingly). Again, tried to take a ride prospectively after i locked the door, everytime i got stucked at the same point. i checked all the pockets, even the one i never use in my bag.

And i thought, why not check the pocket of my clothes once more ? Alass !!!!!!! i found them in my small pocket of my shirt, i rarely use to keep anything except pens .Anyways, I found the keys, there was no limit of my happiness.

I could see people walking on the road with umbrella on rain. I wanted to go and hug them as a gesture of happiness. I wanted to show how happy I was. But I didnot. I also knew this is Covid time and this doesnot come under “new normal rules”.

I quickly ran to my lounge room, sat down and analysed about what happened on last 15 minutes. I was too careless and too quick to judge my self. Before anything had happened , i even thought of the consequences and blamed myself. it gave me immense pressure and changed my modd and what not.

Those 15 minutes have given me a life time lesson , not to be quick to judge anyone, not even yourself. Before coming to a conclusion of cursing to self, why not spend the amount of energy to strengthen self and loving yourself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first post

A little talk with myself.

A Mere Notification